The Library Advisory Board (LAB) acts as the planning body for library activities and special projects and makes recommendations to the administration and assembly. The board also reviews annual budgets and operations. It consists of nine members and is established under Chapter 4.60.40 of the Municipal Code.
The Library Advisory Board meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 5:30 PM at Loussac Library in the board room on the fourth level. Occasionally the board will meet at one of the four branch libraries within the system.
Library Advisory Board Members
- David Levy, Chair. Term expires October 14, 2018
- Cristy A. Willer, Secretary. Term expires October 14, 2020
- Jonathon Bittner. Term expires October 14, 2020
- Nancy Hemsath, Vice Chair. Term expires October 14, 2019
- Barbara Jacobs. Term expires October 14, 2019
- Lourdes Linato-Crawford. Term expires October 14, 2019
- Lupe Marroquin. Term expires October 14, 2018
- Teen Advisory Board Non-voting Member. Janet Quincy Taylor
- Municipal Librarian: Mary Jo Torgeson, TorgesonMJ@muni.org 907-343-2892
- Admin Support Supervisor: Ingrid Gadpaille, GadpailleIM@muni.org (907) 343-2978