The Library Advisory Board (LAB) acts as the planning body for library activities and special projects and makes recommendations to the administration and assembly. The board also reviews annual budgets and operations. It consists of nine members and is established under Chapter 4.60.40 of the Municipal Code.
The Library Advisory Board meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 5:30 PM at Loussac Library in the board room on the fourth level. Occasionally the board will meet at one of the four branch libraries within the system.
Library Advisory Board Members
- Nancy Hemsath, Chair. Term expires October 14, 2019
- Cristy A. Willer, Secretary. Term expires September 20, 2020
- Jonathon Bittner, Term expires October 14, 2020
- Wei Chang, Term expires October 14, 2021
- Lucy Flynn O'Quinn, Term expires October 14, 2021
- Barbara Jacobs, Term expires October 14, 2019
- Jamie Lang, Term expires October 14, 2021
- Lourdes Linato-Crawford, Term expires October 14, 2019
- Sarah Switzer, Term expires October 14, 2021
- Teen Advisory Board Member: Vacant
- Municipal Librarian: Mary Jo Torgeson, TorgesonMJ@muni.org 907-343-2892
- Audrey Jo Malone, Administrative Supervisor, MaloneAJ@muni.org 907-343-2965