APL has pulled together the best resources to help you make the most of your library checkout. Hosting a book club? Need to study for the naturalization test? Have a child learning to read or who just loves to build? We have a kit for you! Use your library card to take home one of these kits, conveniently packaged in a tote bag or plastic tub.
Most kits are housed at Loussac but can be placed on hold for pickup at any APL location.
- Book Club Bags - 10 copies of the same book to use for your next book club meeting
- Energy Saver Kits - a meter and instructions to test your household appliances' energy consumption
- Civics & Citizenship Toolkits - flashcards and study guides to study for the US citizenship exam
- Library in a Box Kits - Themed kits to help you learn a new skill, navigate a new milestone, or just have some fun!
Kids & Families
- Storypackets - thematic bags designed for children 3 to 5 and their caregivers; includes 8 picture books, 1 non-fiction picture book, a toy, and a CD
- Lapsit Bags - thematic bags designed for children 18 months to 3 years and their caregivers; includes 5 picture books, a toy, and a CD
- Read with Me Bags - thematic bags designed for babies up to 18 months and their caregivers; includes 10 board books and a toy
- Little Sprouts Tubs - baby book club! 10 copies of the same board book and the same toy
- Raise a Reader Bags - a collection of books for parents and caregivers with research, resources, and activities
- E-Beg Kits - sets of books for phonics and sight words for very early reading
- STEM Kits - hands on interactive STEM learning activities (toys and experiment set) with related books for ages 6 to 12