Learn a Skill
Auto Repair Source provides access to information to help users diagnose, repair and maintain more than 37,000 vehicles from 1974 to present.
- Service information optimized for the most common maintenance and repair operations
- Technical service bulletins and recall notices
- Component location diagrams for most domestic and imported cars and light trucks
- Precise and comprehensive wiring diagrams for all systems
- Maintenance schedules and estimated labor times for the most commonly performed operations in a mechanical repair shop
- Engineering specifications/standards for the most common repairs and adjustments
- Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs), flowcharts and step-by-step diagnostic instructions covering powertrain, chassis, body, and network communication
- Part numbers, diagrams and pricing for thousands of the most commonly replaced parts, including manufacturer-suggested retail price, to help users validate the cost of repairs and identify all iterations of a part number or part status (current, superseded, split, discontinued)
Las películas animadas de BrainPOP en Español apoyan a maestros y estudiantes de primaria y secundaria de la manera más divertida.
Animated fun for kids K-3 about science, writing, social studies, health, reading, and math. Each animated movie has leveled quizzes, games, and activities.
Detailed "how-to" instructions and creative ideas to meet the interests of virtually every hobby enthusiast. Full text is provided from leading hobby and craft magazines, including Bead & Button, Creative Knitting, FineScale Modeler, Quilter's World and many more.
Offers hundreds of trainings and thousands of hours of instruction presented by reliable industry experts on everything from general business software to marketing, design, networking, photography and music.
Access this resource through the library website or the LinkedIn app with our library ID: anchoragelibrary
*Not available to Temporary Card holders
Learn a Language
An educational resource for learning, teaching and promoting Alaska Native languages. This site is intended for learners and teachers of Alaska Native languages or anyone who is curious to learn more.
A center for research and documentation of the twenty Native languages of Alaska. Contains story collections, dictionaries, grammars, an archival collection, research papers and an online store to make publications available for purchase.
Learn over 30 languages with this free, interactive app.
Language Learning Center includes 72 languages taught through interactive lessons and movies. Specialty courses and kids lessons also available. See how Mango Languages works with this 1 minute YouTube tutorial.
Unangam Tunuu Apps
Unangam Tunuu (Aleut Language) apps available for Atka and Eastern dialects. These apps consist of over 600 audio files recorded with Native speakers of each dialect.
- 3 levels of games
- 3 types of quizzes
- Searchable database
- Culture Notes with audio, video, images and much more.
Niigugim Tunuu (Atka Dialect)
Qagaadam Tunuu (Eastern dialect)
Yup'ik dictionary with audio pronunciations and the ability to construct sentences and see example sentences.
Pass a Test
Free general knowledge practice test from the State of Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles.
LearningExpress Library® provides users with easy-to-use interactive tutorials, e-books and test preparation practice for academic skills improvement in reading, writing, math, social studies and science. The career-related information, test preparation for college admissions, professional career licensing and certification, and high school equivalency are only a few of the many learning tools available.
Tutor.com - provides live one-to-one homework help on everything from basic math and English to AP physics and college writing every day from 8:00 am to 2:00 am (Monday through Friday) and 12:00 pm to 2:00 am (Saturday-Sunday) Alaska Standard Time. Practice tests and career resources are also available.