Computers are now available at all 5 locations.
- Patrons must be aged 17 and older to use a computer.
- Sessions are available by walk-in/first come-first served at all locations.
- There will not be space to use your personal device inside the library, however Wi-Fi remains available outside all locations and MiFi devices are available for checkout.
- A face covering or mask that meets the requirements of MOA EO-13-V4 will be required to enter our buildings and while using a computer.
- Headphones must be used when listening with sound on.
How long may I use a computer?
Sessions are available for up to 60 minutes.
How may sessions can I have?
Due to social distancing capacity sessions will be limited to one per patron/per day.
Do I need a library card to use a computer or make a reservation?
No. Anyone aged 17 and older may use a computer or make a reservation.
Is printing available?
Yes. Printing, copying and scanning are all available.
Will the library provide headphones?
You must bring your own headphones.
Will the library have DVD/CD drives available?
The computers will not have DVD/CD drives installed.
Can I charge my devices in the building?
The atrium will not be available for device charging.
Why can’t children use the computers?
These computers do not meet the Children’s Internet Protection Act requirements for use by minors.
Do I have to wear a cloth face covering/mask during my entire visit?
What if I am not medically able to wear a face mask?
A limited number of ADA accommodated computer reservations will be available at each APL location. You must contact your preferred location to make arrangements.
- Chugiak-Eagle River – 343-1530
- Mountain View Library – 343-2818
- Muldoon Library – 343-4032
- Scott & Wesley Gerrish (Girdwood) – 343-4024
- Z.J. Loussac Library – 343-2975 (option 5)
You can print documents from your own computer or mobile device and pick them up at an APL location.
Now you can access the internet from your own device at home or on the go with one of APL's MiFi mobile hotspots.
Later this year:
Check out a Chromebook to use wherever you need it.
For the latest updates on these services check out our website for computers and printing services and please help us spread the word to friends and neighbors that can use these services who may not be connected to us digitally.