Most events will require a Certificate of Insurance (COI). The only exemption is for indoor youth events of less than 10 attendees that are hosted by a private entity (ie. not affiliated with a business or organization.)
Event approvals will remain pending receipt of both rental fee(s) and a COI. Both due 30 days or less from date of approval. In the event a COI has not been obtained in time, refunds will be returned according to the Anchorage Public Library Refund Policy.
- The Municipality of Anchorage requires that all “Certificate of Insurance” be submitted on a standard ACORD form or on the insurance company’s letterhead
- General Liability Insurance must be in the amount of $1,000,000.00
- A Subrogation Waiver is required as well as the Waiver of Subrogation Endorsement
- For Business, Organizations and Churches, only.
- Additional Insurance may be required depending on rental type
- The Municipality of Anchorage must be listed as the certificate holder as well as additional insured with respect to general liability. You are required to have the following specific information in the Certificate Holder
Municipality of Anchorage
632 W. 6th Ave Suite 630
Anchorage, Alaska 99501
It is also required to have an endorsement naming the “Municipality of Anchorage”, its officials, agents, employees and volunteers. If alcohol is being served, a liquor endorsement is also required.
PLEASE NOTE: The name insured must match the name of the group requesting the room/space rental. Otherwise, the “Certificate of Insurance” will not be accepted.
PLEASE NOTE: If using vendor contracted activity props or equipment and/or props of your own, you must provide general liability insurance 30-days from this tentative approval naming the Municipality of Anchorage as additionally insured