Golden Afternoons @ Loussac
Join the Anchorage Public Library and the Anchorage Senior Activity Center for a monthly social event for seniors at the Loussac Library. Enjoy community connection, get library service support, and learn about a library resource.
- Wednesday, October 25, 1 - 3 PM
Nutrition for Seniors
- Wednesday, November 29, 1 - 3 PM
Technology Help Workshop
- Wednesday, December 13, 1 - 3 PM
Winter Social & Recipe Swap
Remember - Seniors ride the People Mover free on Wednesdays! For more information visit: https://www.muni.org/.../Pages/programsandpromotions.aspx
Senior Saturdays @ Muldoon
Join us for Senior Saturdays at Muldoon Library from 11 AM – 1 PM. A time and space set aside to assist area seniors one-on-one and in small groups.
Drop in for:
- Basic Help with technology and applications
- Using a computer, tablet, cell phone
- Creating/managing an email account, document
- Community Resources Access
- Housing, health, food, and financial information
- Social services navigation
- Traditional library services
- Reader’s advisory
- Reference assistance
- Library 101 (how navigate APL resources)
Senior Poetry Workshops @ Mountain View
Join local poet and facilitator Brian Hutton for a poetry workshop at the Mountain View Library, including exercises and discussions on creativity and mental well being.
Tuesday, September 26, 2 - 3:30 PM
Tuesday, October 24, 2 - 3:30 PM
Tuesday, November 28, 2 - 3:30 PM
You may also be interested in learning about APL’s assistive technology available to help you enjoy the library. Learn more at https://bit.ly/AccessibleLibrary
For auxiliary aids, services, or special modifications to participate in any APL program please contact the Adult Services Coordinator at 907-343-2891 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request reasonable accommodations.