Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I place and pick up holds?
- Who can place holds?
- How long do I have to pick up my holds?
- Who can pick up my holds?
- What items can I check out?
- How many items can I have?
- How much does it cost?
- What if I no longer want to check out the items I have on hold?
- When are my items due?
- Can I return items to the Dimond Transit Express Library?
- What if the locker doesn’t work?
How do I place and pick up holds?
- Reserve your books, movies and music online or over the phone using our Holds system.
- We'll take a few business days to find your Holds and get your order ready. (Items coming from outside Anchorage or with waiting lists may take longer.)
- You will receive a hold notification and the item will display as ready in your account.
- Once your items are available, go to the Dimond Center. The locker is located in the north (Dimond Boulevard) side of the mall next to Zumiez. Use your library card and PIN to pick up your holds from the automated lockers.
Who can place holds?
Anyone with a verified Anchorage Public Library card in good standing.
How long do I have to pick up my holds?
Who can pick up my holds?
Anyone may pick up your items, but they must have your library card number and PIN in order to open the locker.
What items can I check out?
Materials available are: books, CDs, Playaways, and DVDs. Unfortunately, some items are too large to fit in the lockers, including kits, bags, Chromebooks and MiFis. These must be picked up and returned at one of APL's 5 full-service locations.
How many items can I have?
Holds are limited to 10 items per Library Cardholder at a time.
How much does it cost?
There is no fee for this service.
What if I no longer want to check out the items I have on hold?
Please call 907-343-2975 and ask to be connected with staff at your library.
When are my items due?
Please review our Circulation Policy for checkout timelines.
Can I return items to the Dimond Transit Express Library?
The Dimond Express Library can accept books, CDs, Playaways, and DVDs. Larger items must be returned at one of APL’s 5 full-service locations.
What if the locker doesn’t work?
Please call the help line listed on the lockers and leave a message with your name, issue, and a call back number. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can and appreciate your understanding.