Visit the UAF Cooperative Extension, Anchorage Outreach Center on the 4th floor of the Loussac Library. Check out a class, pick up free information on agriculture, 4-H, lawn and garden, pest control, health and wellness and so much more! You can even “ask an expert.”
At the Anchorage office you’ll find:
- Brochures, publications and DVDs
- Volunteer opportunities
- 4-H youth and adult programs
- Master Gardener training and pest management information
- Educational programs and workshops.
The Extension provides information and programs in these areas:
- Food preparation and food preservation
- Family resource management (budgeting!)
- Youth development
- Energy efficiency
- Gardening, composting and soils
- Greenhouse structures and management
- Invasive plants and pest management
- Indoor air quality and radon
- Emergancy preparedness.
The office is open Monday-Friday 10am-4pm on the 4th floor of the Loussac Library at 3600 Denali st. Find them on-line at https://www.uaf.edu/ces/districts/anchorage/ or call (907) 786-6300.