Please head over to our Safe Library Reopening Page for all our major updates and services.
The best way to prevent a coronavirus (COVID-19) infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus. These are preventative actions you can take to minimize your risk of exposure:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Alaska Economic Stabilization Team Page
Find links to apply for unemployment insurance and small business assistance, and learn about the Governor's Economic Stabilization Plan.
IRS - Economic Impact Payments
Check eligibility, and payment status and update your bank account or mailing address.
One-stop resource for finding help in the community.
Get the latest updates on People Mover and Anchor Rides services.
Food Bank of Alaska
Find listings of food pantries and meal programs in Anchorage and the Mat-Su Valley.
COVID-19 SNAP Updates
Food Bank of Alaska explanation of changes to the SNAP food stamp program application procedures during the emergency.
for workers affected by Closures
Individual financial assistance from nonprofits may be available for workers in industries affected by the COVID-19 closures. Please be aware that due to high demand, some programs may temporarily close to new applications.