What You Need to Know
- All APL locations are currently closed.
- Due dates for checked out materials have been updated to May 15, 2020.
- No items should be returned to the library at this time.
- Holds have been suspended.
- Donations have been suspended.
- Wi-Fi is available 24/7 outside of all Anchorage Public Library locations, except for Muldoon, which is only available during business hours.
- Online resources are being expanded during the closure.
- New users can get a temporary 3-month card to access online resources. Learn more.
What You Need to Do
- Follow us on Facebook , Twitter , Instagram and this page for future updates.
- Please keep all materials until the library reopens.
- Hold off on bringing donations to the library.
- Enjoy our our databases, Alaska Digital Library, Hoopla, Freegal, TumbleBooks, and many other digital options.
- Call 343-2975 option 4 Monday-Saturday during business hours to get assistance from a librarian or email Ask a Librarian.
- If you need assistance accessing community resources, call 211.
The best way to prevent a coronavirus (COVID-19) infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus. These are preventative actions you can take to minimize your risk of exposure:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.