10/1/2020 - Out of an abundance of caution Anchorage Public Library buildings remain closed. The health and safety of our patrons and staff is our highest priority and we thank you for your continued support of the library. Because of our community's cooperation and commitment to safety when using library services, we are confident in our ability to continue with modified services while helping to stop the spread of COVID-19. We hope to increase services in phases as factors allow. Our full reopening plan can be reviewed HERE. As APL receives updated information from the Anchorage Health Department (AHD) and Municipality of Anchorage Administration we may modify or update these plans. These plans are based on metrics used by the CDC, AHD, and state health officials; it is our hope to keep the public and staff safe.
Help spread #907LibraryLove not COVID-19. Stay at least 6 feet from others. Wear a mask or cloth face covering. Wash your hands often.
What You Need to Know
- All APL buildings are now closed to the public until further notice.
- Outdoor book drops remain open at all locations.
- Curbside service remains available at all locations with an appointment.
- Outdoor walk-up service remains available without an appointment and is limited to holds pickup and card verification.
- Youth Programs to Go remain available.
- Personal Librarian remains available
- All due dates remain in effect. Please return items on time.
- Donations remain suspended.
- Room rentals remain unavailable
- Wi-Fi is available 24/7 outside of all Anchorage Public Library locations, except for Muldoon, which is only available during business hours.
- New users can get a temporary 3-month card to access online resources. Learn more.
What You Need to Do
- Check back for updates on future library service changes.
- Follow us on Facebook , Twitter , Instagram and this page for future updates.
- For the safety of our staff and public, please wear a mask when conducting library business.
- Return items when they are due.
- Hold off on bringing donations to the library.
- Enjoy our databases, Alaska Digital Library, Hoopla, Freegal, TumbleBooks, and many other digital options.
- Call 343-2975 option 4 Monday-Saturday from 10 am-6pm to get assistance from a librarian or email Ask a Librarian.
- If you need assistance accessing community resources, call 211.
Have holds to pick up? Anchorage Public Library has options to meet your schedule. Stop by any location, anytime, during posted service hours for outdoor holds pick up or for faster service, schedule an appointment for curbside and we'll have everything ready to go when you get here.
Personal Librarian Service
Not sure what you want to read, watch or listen to? Love to browse the stacks? How about some research help for that school report, paper or article? We've got you covered!
Personal Librarian service will help you select something great for yourself or your family. We can also select items for research topics and navigate databases to get you started in the right direction. Tell us what you love or what you're researching. Librarians will choose options for youth and adults and selected items will be available through our curbside or in-person holds pick up.
Youth Programs To Go
Anchorage Public Library is not currently offering in-person youth programs, however we're very excited to launch Programs To Go! Pick up and take home a fun activity from your closest public library. We include all supplies, instructions, and suggest more resources to explore-- it's yours to keep for free and a new theme is available every two weeks, for preschoolers, elementary students, and teens.
Programs To Go are available at the walk-up service or with your curbside pick up appointment.
Telephone reference (343-2975 option 4), e-mail service (firstname.lastname@example.org) and e-materials will continue to be available.