7/24/2020 - Out of an abundance of caution we have returned to out-of-building service only. This means we are are limiting service to holds pickup with curbside appointment or walk-up service and library card verification. Please follow on-site instructions to pick up your items, masks remain required to interact with staff and, of course our outdoor book drop is open.
We are also happy to report that staff previously affected by possible COVID-19 exposure will be able to resume library duties soon due to receiving negative test results or other considerations. We thank the community for your concern and support and ask that everyone work together to help keep our library services available to all.
Help spread #907LibraryLove not COVID-19. Stay at least 6 feet from others. Wear a mask or cloth face covering. And wash your hands often.
Current and future service changes by location will also be posted here:
What You Need to Know
- All APL buildings are now closed to the public until further notice.
- Outdoor book drops remain open at all locations.
- Curbside service remains available at all locations.
- Youth Programs to Go remain available.
- Personal Librarian remains available
- All due dates remain in effect. Please return items on time.
- Donations remain suspended.
- Room rentals remain unavailable
- Wi-Fi is available 24/7 outside of all Anchorage Public Library locations, except for Muldoon, which is only available during business hours.
- New users can get a temporary 3-month card to access online resources. Learn more.
What You Need to Do
- Check back for updates on future library service changes.
- Follow us on Facebook , Twitter , Instagram and this page for future updates.
- For the safety of our staff and public, please wear a mask when conducting library business.
- Return items when they are due.
- Hold off on bringing donations to the library.
- Enjoy our databases, Alaska Digital Library, Hoopla, Freegal, TumbleBooks, and many other digital options.
- Call 343-2975 option 4 Monday-Saturday from 10 am-6pm to get assistance from a librarian or email Ask a Librarian.
- If you need assistance accessing community resources, call 211.
Have holds to pick up? Anchorage Public Library has options to meet your schedule. Stop by any location, anytime, during posted service hours for outdoor holds pick up or for faster service, schedule an appointment for curbside and we'll have everything ready to go when you get here.
Personal Librarian Service
Not sure what you want to read, watch or listen to? Love to browse the stacks? We've got you covered! Personal Librarian service will help you select something great for yourself or your family. We'll have options for youth and adults and selected items will be available through our curbside pick up.
Youth Programs To Go
Anchorage Public Library will not be offering in-person youth programs this summer, however we're very excited to launch Programs To Go! This summer, pick up and take home a fun activity from your closest public library. We include all supplies, instructions, and suggest more resources to explore-- it's yours to keep for free and a new theme is available every week, for preschoolers and elementary students.
Programs To Go are available at the walk-up service or with your curbside pick up appointment.
Telephone reference (343-2975 option 4), e-mail service (firstname.lastname@example.org) and e-materials will continue to be available.