5/22/2020 - Anchorage Public Library has been given the green light to bring staff back on June 1st and start our re-opening. We will need some time to prepare our spaces with a priority on:
- Staff training for cleaning and quarantine protocols
- Catching up on returns and holds
- Setting up curb side service
- Maintaining telephone reference and customer service
We also know that using the library may look a little different for the rest of the year as we work to ensure the health and safety of both patrons and staff. We know you care as much about our safety as we do about yours; which is A LOT!
What You Need to Know:
- All APL buildings will remain closed to the public until further notice.
- Book drops will re-open for item returns on June 1st
You will be able to put items on hold again starting June 1st
- NEW! Curbside Service will begin on June 4th
- NEW! Youth Programs to Go will begin on June 4th
- New! Personal Librarian Service will begin on June 4th
- Due dates for currently checked out materials have been updated to June 30, 2020.
- Donations remain suspended.
- Wi-Fi is available 24/7 outside of all Anchorage Public Library locations, except for Muldoon, which is only available during business hours.
- New users can get a temporary 3-month card to access online resources. Learn more.
What You Need to Do:
- Preview the new services being offered, and check back for updates and how to use them.
- Follow us on Facebook , Twitter , Instagram and this page for future updates.
- Please keep all materials until the book drops re-open on June 1st
- Hold off on bringing donations to the library.
- Enjoy our databases, Alaska Digital Library, Hoopla, Freegal, TumbleBooks, and many other digital options.
- Call 343-2975 option 4 Monday-Saturday during business hours to get assistance from a librarian or email Ask a Librarian.
- If you need assistance accessing community resources, call 211.
Who's ready for some new books, movies, music and more? Curbside service will allow you to get actual items from your favorite libraries. Similar to other curbside services, you'll fill out an order, we'll get it ready and you can drive, walk, bike or teleport to a curbside pick up location at all 5 of our libraries.
Curbside reservations will start on June 1st with first pick-ups available on June 4th. We know demand will be high and we really appreciate your patience as we work to serve as many patrons as possible. More info on how to use this service will be coming soon!
Personal Librarian Service
Not sure what you want to read, watch or listen to? Love to browse the stacks? We've got you covered! Personal Librarian service will help you select something great for yourself or your family. We'll have options for youth and adults and selected items will be available through our curbside pick up.
Personal Librarian services will start on June 4th. More info on how to use this service will be coming soon!
Youth Programs To Go
Anchorage Public Library will not be offering in-person youth programs this summer, however we're very excited to launch Programs To Go! This summer, pick up and take home a fun activity from your closest public library. We include all supplies, instructions, and suggest more resources to explore-- it's yours to keep for free and a new theme is available every week, for preschoolers and elementary students.
Programs To Go will be available with curbside pick up reservations starting on June 4th.
Telephone reference (343-2975 option 4), e-mail service (email@example.com) and e-materials will continue to be available.