The upcoming 2018 municipal election contains Proposition 7, a $1.4M bond to rehabilitate essential municipal facilities, titled “AREAWIDE FACILITIES CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROJECT BONDS.”
Anchorage Public Library:
- Chugiak-Eagle River Library is slated to get an Automated Material Handling System (like Loussac's). The new system will help staff keep up with the neighborhood's voracious reading habits and provide faster service.
- The Loussac Library is slated for an upgrade of its security system and new full-color cameras for the whole building, to provide a safer environment for patrons and staff.
Anchorage Senior Center:
- Carpet replacement, upgrades to restrooms to meet ADA standards and audio/visual equipment in the ballroom.
Anchorage Animal Care and Control:
- The Animal Control Facility is thirty years old and has the original roof which has reached its useful life and is now in very poor condition. This roof has required numerous roof repairs to patch leaks in recent years due to its deteriorated condition and needs to be replaced.
Chugiak Senior Center:
- Replace the degraded and difficult to use deck with a concrete patio and raised flower beds allowing clients to move safely. Repairs would also include replacement of the wooden fence enclosure.
This year will be our first vote by mail. Ballots will be mailed in mid-March and may be returned to a secure drop box, an Accessible Vote Center, or mail it with a first class stamp. Additional instructions will be included with the ballot. Ballots are due by April 3, 2018.
Municipality of Anchorage Vote by Mail – vote by mail and election info
League of Women Voters – nonpartisan voter guide
This information is provided as an education communication and is paid for by the Anchorage Public Library, 3600 Denali St, Anchorage, AK 99503.